I’ve always loved the great Australian colloquialism “Doesn’t he like to blow his own trumpet?”. Not only does it conjure an awesome visual, but there’s a gorgeous irony in it too. I mean, who else is supposed to blow your trumpet for you?
A trusted colleague last week told me that I need to start blowing my trumpet a little louder, specifically about the value in our Real Schools Community Memberships. I don’t like doing it. I let my subconscious tell me that folk will find out about it if they have a genuine need and see the value. Apparently it doesn’t work that way! This colleague insisted that I need to trumpet to schools, rather more loudly, what’s available.
So, I’ll just leave this here.
Every month, we send to our Member Schools:
- a new article on Cultural Leadership (with links to the AITSL Prin Standards)
- a new article on Teacher Practice (with links to the AITSL Teacher Standards)
- a 3-4 minute video called a Staff Meeting Conversation Starter to keep practice and relationships on your improvement agenda.
Cultural Leadership articles include topics like:
- Transforming communication with parents.
- Informing great program selection.
- Building a resilient staff.
Teacher Practice articles and Staff Meeting Conversation Starters include topics like:
- How to improve student behaviour.
- Teaching empathy and responsibility.
- Getting today’s students on-task.
We reckon the whole thing is pretty valuable now – but your whole school can be on board for the no-brainer of $249 per year. Sign up at this link or just send a sign-on form request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you on in a jiffy.
There, I did it. Toot toot!