Real Schools takes the issue of protecting data privacy very seriously. We aim to protect the privacy of the personal information we collect and store according to legal regulations. Real Schools is bound to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act as well as other applicable legislation.
This policy has been developed as part of Real Schools’ efforts to comply with its obligations under this legislation.
Privacy Principles in detail
1. How do we collect your personal information and how do we use it?
We collect personal information directly from you when you register for an event or webinar, complete forms on our website (or a website administered by Real Schools), if you contact us in person, by e-mail, in writing, over the telephone or via social media.
The personal information collected generally includes salutation, name, job title, contact details and payment details if you have made a purchase with us. We may also collect sensitive information about you such as membership of any professional associations, dietary requirements or information from a purchased list.
The information we collect is used only to:
- Verify your identity.
- Assist you to enrol for our events or to subscribe to our publications.
- Promote our events to you.
- Maintain and develop our database.
- Share information from time to time with other professional organizations.
Financial information that is collected (like the customer’s account or credit card number) is used only to bill the user for services requested and any transaction details remain secure.
2. Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal information may be forwarded onto third parties only for the purpose to assist in the supply of services to you and for sponsorship purposes. At no time is the information collected disclosed to any third party for any other reason.
At times we use third party companies to collect personal information and communicate with you via email or telephone on our behalf, in accordance with the Act. In all of these communications we ensure you will clearly be able to identify us.
We will only disclose personal information in accordance with the Act. This means that it will be disclosed if:
- we told you when collecting it that it would be disclosed for that purpose or for a related purpose that you would reasonably expect;
- we have your consent;
- it is part of business assets which we are selling;
- we are required by law to disclose it; or
- it is otherwise permitted under the Act
We will endeavour to process any request for opting out as soon as possible, but you may receive communications from us or from third parties whilst we are processing your request.
Email communications are only sent to:
- recipients who have opted to receive them
- participants in our events unless they have asked us not to do so
- those who enquire about our events unless they have asked us not to do so
In sending email communications, we ensure that you can identify us as the originator.
3. What are cookies and why do we use them?
The main reasons we store cookies are to:
- Gather statistics such as number of visits, pages viewed, types of transactions conducted, time online and documents downloaded to improve site usability
- Enable us to present customised and appropriate messages from our events and third parties such as targeting more relevant advertisements to you
If you wish to disable or remove cookies, please visit the ‘Help’ section of your browser or mobile device. Please be aware however, that parts of the website may not function correctly as a result of disabling cookies.
4. Maintaining accurate records
The main purpose for collecting personal information is to enable Real Schools to market its events and products. Real Schools takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. The accuracy of the information, however, depends to a large degree on the information provided to us.
If you have any questions about the security or accuracy of your stored personal information you can contact us at the details provide below.
You can help us to protect your privacy by contacting us immediately if your contact details change.
5. How does Real Schools protect the security of your information?
Real Schools employs strict security procedures to ensure that information will not be misused, and to prevent unauthorized access modification or disclosure.
We also ensure that any personal information no longer needed by us is either destroyed or modified so that you can no longer be identified.
6. Opt Out
We give you the right to opt out from receiving communications from us, whether by email, mail or phone by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling us on 1300 789 422 or writing to us at the address below.
7. Privacy Enquiries & Complaints
Office 2 5/35 Progress Street
Mornington, VIC, 3931
Phone: 1300 789 422